Year End Review: 2019 Edition
Well blog-readers...another year has came and went and it is time to begin the very thing I advocate for the most in my practice yearlong...REFLECTION! The end of the year is a perfect opportunity to begin the process of reflecting back on what you have learned on your journey, what lessons you can bring into the new year, and what can be appreciated with more depth than was given initially. It is in these moments of reflection that we give ourselves a moment of pause to identify the areas in our lives that have grown and advanced, or maybe help us to see the areas in our lives that we should aim to make changes to in the year ahead. Most people may view this as "goal planning;" however, I like to look at it as a review instead! Below I have compiled a list of 15 questions that can promote your "year end review" reflections and begin the process of embracing the year to come. Feel free to make the questions your own or create more to add to the list. The point is, make it unique and meaningful to you!
YEAR END REVIEW QUESTIONS
1. What is one word to describe the past year?
2. What was the best thing you did for someone else this year?
3. What was your favourite movie of the year?
4. What was your favourite song of the year?
5. Name a time you laughed the hardest this year.
6. What is something you learned to do/had never done before?
7. Name one or two noteworthy event(s) that took place this year?
8. What is the biggest lesson you learned?
9. What was the best advice you received this year?
10. Name one achievement you are proud of accomplishing this year.
11. Reminisce on one great compliment you received this year.
12. What or whom are you most thankful for this year?
13. What goals did you achieve this year?
14. What is one goal you would most like to achieve one year from today?
15. If there is one piece of advice you would give to your future self, what would it be?
I hope the year ahead brings you the peace you deserve, the willingness to try new things, and the adventure in your heart to escape the comfort zones to build your potentials. Life is an amazing ride; one that can sometimes feel tumultuous and uncertain, but one nonetheless that is full of surprises and opportunities. Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday season and a very happy 2020!
Please Note: The Everyday Self Counselling office is closed for the holidays from December 24, 2019 until January 6, 2020. For all appointment inquiries, please submit an appointment request to the link attached (https://www.everydayself.ca/book-an-appointment ). Otherwise, please email me directly at (email@example.com). All emails and phone calls will not be routinely monitored during this time, so please allow 72 hours for a response. If you are in a crisis, please contact your local crisis service or 911.